Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rum Cake a Christmas Tradition!




Every Christmas my mom makes rum cake, the last two years I had to miss out on this traditon, as it is totally not gluten free. However this year I decided to try my hand at this recipe and it turned out pretty decent, especially served warm with whipped cream.
Ingredients:
1 package of gluten free yellow cake mix (I used Pamela's Brand)
1 box Vanilla Jello Pudding
3 eggs
½ cup cold water
1/3 cup oil
½ cup dark rum

Glaze
¼ lb of butter
¼ cup water
1 cup sugar
½ cup dark rum

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
Grease and flour 12 cup bundt pan.
Mix all the cake ingredients together and pour into pan. Bake 1 hour, I started checking at the 30 minute mark since it was my first time, I think it took around 45 minutes. Cool Invert onto serving platter.

To Make Glaze:
Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in water and sugar. Boil for 5 minutes string constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in rum.

Prick the top of the cake and spoon the glaze over the cake. Allow the cake to absorb the glaze. Serve with whipped cream.

No comments: